What if I take DELZICOL®?
- How DELZICOL may help you achieve your treatment goals
For adults, there are 2 goals of ulcerative colitis (UC) therapy. The first is to quickly bring symptoms under control. The second is to prevent (or delay) flares from coming back.
An important part of successful DELZICOL therapy is taking your medication exactly how your doctor has prescribed.
Other things to keep in mind when taking DELZICOL:
- DELZICOL can be taken with or without food.
- The recommended dosage for mildly to moderately active UC is 2 DELZICOL delayed-release capsules 3 times a day for adults (a total of 6 capsules or 2.4 grams per day) for a duration of 6 weeks.
- The recommended dosage of DELZICOL delayed-release capsules in adults for remission is a total of 1.6 grams or 4 capsules daily, in two to four divided doses.
Your doctor will determine the dose that is right for you. If your symptoms remain under control, your doctor may adjust the number of capsules you have to take each day. Remember to always take the medication as your doctor has recommended.
- DELZICOL may help you relieve your symptoms of mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis
In two 6-week clinical studies, some people with mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC) had symptom relief after taking DELZICOL.
Maintenance of remission
In a 6-month clinical study, some people with mildly to moderately active UC achieved remission after taking DELZICOL.